The Children's Power Play! Campaign partners with and supports low-income schools across the San Diego and Imperial Region with free educational materials and other resources. The Children's Power Play! materials can be used by teachers to conduct activities for individual students, small groups, and entire classes.
Some activities extend beyond the classroom to link with cafeterias and local communities. Teachers may also wish to recruit community partners as guest speakers, organize classroom taste testings, take students on fruit and vegetable related field trips, and organize interactive school-centered events.
• School Idea & Resource Mini Kit - A teacher's guide filled with 10 fun fruit & vegetable activities that are linked to the California Content Standards and can be incorporated into subjects across the curriculum.
- Network 4th Grade School Idea & Resource Kit (Entire Kit - PDF, 9MB)
- Network 5th Grade School Idea & Resource Kit (Entire Kit - PDF, 10MB)
• Kids…Get Cookin'! Cookbooks. This full-color, bilingual cookbook for kids features delicious fruit & vegetable recipes with celebrity photos and colorful graphics. Each child receives his/her own cookbook.
• Parent Resources
• School Wellness Policy - Technical assistance with implementation and resource materials.