The California Fit Business Kit contains nine components, all of which have been evaluated by a diverse mix of businesses from across the state. The tools are free and designed for use at any worksite.
Most importantly, the tools in this kit can help you create a workplace where healthy eating and physical activity become the norm among employees. The Kit includes:
- Check for Health Workplace Environmental Assessment
- Take Action! Employee Wellness Program
- Healthy Meeting Policies
- Vending Machine Food and Beverage Standards
- Healthy Dining Menu Guidelines
- Simple Steps to Ordering Farm Fresh Produce for the Worksite
- A Guide to Establishing a Worksite Farmers Market
- A Guide to Improving Worksite Stairwells
- A Guide to Establishing Worksite Walking Clubs
These tools can be used individually or as part of a comprehensive worksite wellness program.
Additional worksite program resource information can be found at The California Department of Public Health